The Fender U.S. Geddy Lee Jazz Bass 4-String Bass Guitar Black is a four-string, jazz bass guitar in a black finish.
The USA Geddy Lee is an updated version that combines the specs and features – two Fender Custom Shop versions of his signature model and the original sleek black ’72 Jazz Bass. The neck has a thicker profile which is topped with a Maple fingerboard with white binding and white pearloid dot inlays. It boasts enormous tone that crackles with energy. The two vintage-style single-coil Jazz Bass pickups are especially wound and voiced to sound like those on Lee’s 1972 original. A high-mass bridge provides rock-solid intonation.
The body is mad of Alder and cut to a traditional Jazz Bass shape while the neck is Maple cut to a thick “C” shape at 34” (864mm) long and housing 20 frets. The fingerboard is also Maple and has a radius of 9.5” (864mm) and has pearloid dot inlays.
The pickups, neck and bridge, are Custom Voiced American Vintage ‘70s Geddy Lee and are controlled by designated vintage-style black plastic jazz bass volume knobs and a master tone control.
The bridge is a Geddy Lee High Mass Bridge which feeds the vintage-style open-back tuning machines.
The pickguard is a 4-ply white pearloid and contrasts distinctly against the black body.
The main features of the Fender U.S. Geddy Lee Jazz Bass 4-String Bass Guitar Black include:
- Artist Series
- Alder Body
- Jazz Bass Body Shape
- Maple Neck
- Thick “C” Shape
- 34” (864mm) Scale
- Maple Fingerboard
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5” (241mm)
- Synthetic Bone Nut
- Nut Width: 1.5” (38.1mm)
- White Pearloid Dot Inlays
- Vintage-Style Heel Adjust Truss Rod
- Vintage0Style Slotted Truss Rod Nut
- 4-Bolt Neck Plate
- Custom Voiced American Vintage ‘70s Geddy Lee Pickups, Neck & Bridge
- Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- SS Configuration
- Geddy Lee High Mass Bridge
- Hardware Nickel/Chrome Finish
- Vintage-Style Open-Back Tuning Machines
- 4-Ply White Pearloid Pickguard
- Fender USA Bass 7250M NPS Strings
- Black Finish