The Casio XW-G1 Groove Synthesizer keyboard is designed with today's DJ in mind, incorporating step and phrase synthesizers, hands-on control and a sample looper.
The Casio XW-G1 can create and play back a variety of rhythm patterns and musical phrases, all in a single unit. Users can enjoy playing an all-in-one instrument that enables control of cool sounds via sets of nine sliders, 16 Step Sequencer buttons and four assignable knobs arranged on the left side of the top panel.
Rhythmic patterns can be sequenced end-to-end to create entire songs and grooves and then be manipulated in real time with the set of 16 buttons. The phrase sequencer lets users create and play back musical phrases that spice up DJ performances, and up to 100 musical phrases can be spontaneously played on the keyboard and be stored in memory as user phrases.
The sample looper in the Casio XW-G1 digitally records any sound and this can be overdubbed to build up complete grooves with ease. Sampled sounds that are saved as user tones can be played in keyboard performances and looped to create original on-the-fly music. 420 preset tones including Solo Synthesizer and PCM tones can be quickly accessed in keyboard performances and the arpeggiator can automatically spice up melodies just by pressing keys.
Casio XW-G1 main features include:
- 100 preset rhythm patterns
- Step sequence 100 original rhythm patterns that can be recorded as user sequences
- Improvise using the set of 16 buttons while playing back rhythm patterns
- Up to 99 rhythm patterns can be connected in a sequence and played as loops using the Chains function
- 100 musical phrases can be stored in memory and readily played back using the Phrase Sequencer
- Multifunction keys enables users to assign essential functions for DJ performances to keys
- 420 preset tones including Solo Synthesizer and PCM tones
- Arpeggio function can automatically play arpeggios just by pressing keys
- Sample looper to record and overdub internal and external sounds up to 19 seconds long
- Sampled sounds that are saved as user tones can be played in keyboard performances
- Wide variety of preset tones or internal PCM and Synth waves to create sounds
- Various inputs and outputs for connection of audio equipment and MIDI-compatible devices
- Designated rubber holding space for holding portable MIDI devices or audio equipment