The Dave Smith Instruments REV2 8-Voice Analogue Synthesizer is an equipped with two DCOs per voice, four waveshapes, built-in effects, and a 64-step polyphonic step sequencer. The REV2 is a reimagining of the Prophet ’08 polyphonic synthesizer by Dave Smith himself. The REV2 retains all of the key features of the Prophet ’08 and expands on them. Equipped with twice the polyphony, twice the mod matrix, waveshape modulation on all waveforms, digital effects per layer in stacked or split voice mode, a polyphonic step sequencer per layer, and more, this synthesizer is an "analogue powerhouse".
The REV2 gets a bold, punchy sound from its 2/4 pole, low-pass, resonant Curtis filters per voice. A separate Audio Mod control adds additional harmonic complexity and movement. A powerful new feature unique to the REV2 is waveshape modulation, as you can manually dial in a desired waveshape width or use an LFO or other mod shape for continuously shifting timbre using the Shape Mod control.
The effects section provides reverb, delays (standard and BBD), chorus, phase shifter, ring modulation, and distortion. The polyphonic step sequencer allows up to 64 steps and up to six notes per step. Sequences allow ties and rests and can sync to an external MIDI clock. The arpeggiator features note repeats, re-latching, and can be synced to an external MIDI clock.
The main features of the Dave Smith Instruments REV2 8-Voice Analogue Synthesizer include:
- Oscillators: 2x Digitally Controlled Analogue
- Filters: 1x Analogue Curtis Low-Pass Per Voice
- Envelope Generators: 3
- Sequencer: Polyphonic, 64-Step
- LFOs: 4
- Modulation: 8-Slot Matrix
- Arpeggiator: Programmable
- Keyboard: 5-Octave (Semi-Weighted, Velocity & Aftertouch)
- Knobs: 52
- Buttons: 20
- Wheels: Spring-Loaded Pitch & Assignable Mod
- Memory: 512x Factory Programs
- MIDI: I/O/THRU
- Main Stereo Audio Output: 1/4″ Unbalanced
- Output B Stereo Audio Output: 1/4″ Unbalanced
- Headphone Output: 1/4″ Stereo Phone Jack
- Power: IEC AC Power Input
- Housing: Oiled African Mahogany End Panels
- Dimensions: 322.6 x 892 x 96.5 mm
- Weight: 20.5 lbs. (9.3 kg)