The Allen & Heath GL2400 is a 4-bus dual-function live sound mixer.
The GL2400 benefits from the latest audio circuitry with an extended preamp gain range of 74dB with input on XLR or jack, differential balanced +26dBu outputs, and a new ultra-quiet mix head amp design for optimum dynamic range.
Based on dual-function capability, which Allen & Heath pioneered in the early 1990's, the Allen & Heath GL2400 has been developed with a feature set dedicated to modern sound engineering, such as in-ear monitoring and matrix recording.
The Allen & Heath GL2400 has a third master fader, which can be configured to create a centre-fill or sub-bass mix from Aux 6, a mono sum of the LR mix, or a monitor wedge output. All channels have pre/post fader aux switching, and in Monitor mode, all auxes are available on faders with mutes, inserts, meters and XLR drive.
One of the key features of the Allen & Heath GL2400 is the new 7x4 matrix, which provides extra output flexibility. In FOH mode, independent fill speaker and acoustics compensated recording feeds can be created, while in Monitor mode, the matrix offers more monitor outputs from the groups and LR with added ambience for in-ear applications.
Allen & Heath GL2400 Features:
- 6 Channels
- LR and M main mix
- 4 Audio groups with pan control
- 6 Auxiliary sends with per-channel pre/post fader aux switching
- 2 stereo channels each with mic and dual stereo line inputs
- 7x4 Matrix
- Proper dual functionality for FOH/Monitor mixing
- M can be configured as LR sum, Wedge, or Aux-Fed Sub or C master
- Recording capable with channel direct outputs
- Matrix external inputs with level trims and common input capability
- Responsive 4 band, 2 sweep EQ
- Individual phantom power and Polarity switching
- Dedicated Channel, Master and stereo Monitor meters
- Internal jumper plugs for pre/post-EQ aux, direct out and other options
- Mutes on all fader masters
- Assignable talkback
- 1kHz oscillator / pink noise generator
- 2-track monitoring and replay to LR
- Headphones and local monitor outputs
- Dedicated stereo monitor meters
- Electronically balanced XLR outputs with 26dBu drive capability
- Preamp 34dBu maximum input capability for mic or line
- Ultra low noise mix head amp design
- Internal power supply with redundant backup supply input
- Metal jacks, gold-plated XLRs, sealed pots and switches
- Individual circuit card assembly with nutted pots