The Allen & Heath XB-10 Compact Broadcast Mixer is a compact broadcast mixer, featuring three mic/line and and three stereo inputs, with a telco channel, and CompACT compressors. The ultra-compact XB-10 is perfect for small radio or internet broadcast studios, college and university radio stations, podcasting, content creation and more. Despite its tiny footprint, XB-10 is packed with the kinds of specialised broadcast features that normally come at a much higher price.
Radio-friendly tools include a telephone communication (telco) channel, mic channel ON switch sensing, stereo channel start/cue outputs for CD deck transport control and automatic muting of speaker outputs. A separate monitor mix can be created for operator and guest or presenter, and the operator can speak off-air to the studio or telephone callers using the ‘Talk’ feature. XB-10’s preamps use low noise discrete transistor circuitry to achieve high gain and excellent linearity.
Each mic channel comes equipped with our innovative CompACT compressor to keep the dynamic range of a presenter microphone under control. A variable limiter on the main output ensures that the final mix to air does not saturate expensive broadcast equipment. The plug-n-play USB connection can be used for VoIP telephone calls, recording program material, playing jingles and more.
The main features of the Allen & Heath XB-10 Compact Broadcast Mixer include:
- Inputs: 3x mic/line & 3 stereo
- Telco channel (optional USB routing for VoIP)
- CompACT compressors on mic channels
- ON switch logic on mic and telco channels
- Start/cue logic outputs on stereo channels
- Separate headphones mix and outputs
- Auto mutes on control room outputs
- Remote mute facility on mic channels
- Responsive 3-band, swept mid EQ with MusiQ
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- XLR main outputs with inserts and variable limiter
- Aux / Alt bus for external processing, recording or auditioning