The Avid Pro Tools HDX Additional PCIe Card is an integrated hardware Pro Tools card that you connect to your pro tools HDX system; for music, audio and post production.
The Pro Tools HDX Card is the heart of the Pro Tools HDX System. It is the the core processing card. This takes care of all interfacing and DSP duties. Users can currently install up to 3 cards per machine, allowing up to 192 channels of I/O (across 12 interfaces). Unlike Pro Tools HD, there is no separate core or process card; these tasks have been combined into a single HDX card.
Each Pro Tools HDX card has up to 5 times more DSP acceleration; 4x the voices; 4x the delay compensation; 1,000dB of additional plug-in processing headroom; double the channels; and near-zero latency (about 0.7ms regardless of buffer setting) than a single HD card.
Pro Tools HDX also sees the introduction of a new plug-in format called AAX (Avid Audio eXtension). Designed from the ground up and 64-bit ready, AAX plug-ins feature both DSP and native code in a single entity, and are available for both DSP-accelerated and native configurations.
The main features of the Avid Pro Tools HDX Additional PCIe Card include:
- Unleash your creativity with up to 5x more power per card than Pro Tools|HD Accel
- Mix bigger, better mixes faster with 256 tracks (up to 768) and double the I/O per card, plus 4x more ADC
- Get higher resolution sound and more headroom with the floating-point architecture
- Compose, record, edit, and mix with the award-winning Pro Tools HD software toolset
- Capture and reproduce audio with pristine clarity using Pro Tools HD Series interfaces
- Increase your power and track counts by simply adding additional cards
- Supports the AAX plug-in format for better workflow and sound parity with native systems
- Please Note: This product can only be purchased with a full HDX system, and cannot be bought separately
- HDX Software Protection: iLok USB Smart KeySystem Requirements: Avid-qualified Mac (recommended), Mac OS X Mountian Lion 10.8.5 onwards, minimum of 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended), USB port for iLok authorization (plus, Internet connection for software download). Avid-qualified PC (recommended), Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.