This exclusive upgrade offer entitles you to trade in your old 192 I/O, 192 Digital I/O or ANY third party interface (with a DigiLink connector), and get a brand new Avid HD I/O 8x8x8 at this special low price. Not only that, but you will also receive a copy of Avid's highly acclaimed HEAT TDM Plug-in, at no extra cost.
Avid HD I/O 8x8x8 Pro Tools HD Series Interface: Get the absolute highest audio quality and unprecedented I/O flexibility with HD I/O, a high-performance Pro Tools HD Series audio interface that’s designed to completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD systems.
While its sleek look resembles its prior generation interfaces, HD I/O has been completely redesigned on the inside with high-quality electronics, giving you pristine, best-in-class A/D and D/A conversion and the lowest possible latency. Plus, with three configurations to choose from and a modular design, you can expand and customise the interface for your connection needs.
Avid HEAT (Harmonically Enhanced Algorithm Technology) adds warmth and sonic character to your pro tools mix. Used with Pro Tools HD you will create sonic and analog characteristics for your music and sound score.
HEAT uses the Pro Tools|HD TDM architecture to work its magic, but it’s no plug-in, making it fast and easy to access and use. That’s because HEAT appears right in the Pro Tools Mix window—no need to insert it on every individual track or select it from a menu. Use it on your entire mix, with global Drive and Tone control, for total effortlessness—just “set it and forget it!”—or bypass it on a track-by-track basis to only affect certain sounds.
Terms: Once your order has been placed you will be sent an RA reference, and an address to return your old trade-in unit to. Avid must receive your old trade-in unit within 90 days (of order), or you will be charged the difference.
Avid HD I/O 8x8x8 Features:
- Pristine audio clarity and ultra low latency through state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion, premium analog circuitry, and meticulous attention to design
- Adapt the interface for your needs
- Get a balance of analog and digital I/O
- Versatile digital I/O on all interfaces, with built-in sample rate conversion
- Expand or customise the I/O with analog or digital option cards
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD for full input, output, and routing control
- Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
- Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
- Keep an eye on your levels easily through 32 4-segment metering LEDs
- Robust 2U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools|HD through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)
Avid HEAT Features:
- Easily add analog warmth and character to any Pro Tools|HD mix
- No need to launch a plug-in—access HEAT right in your Pro Tools Mix window
- Control HEAT across every channel of your mix, without having to manage multiple instances
- Realistically re-create the sound of audio mixed through vintage analog gear
- Designed in collaboration with Cranesong founder, Dave Hill