The Aviom 6416m Mic Input Module - Controllable 16-channel mic preamp for a Pro64® network.
The remote-controllable 6416m Mic Input Module provides 16 state-of-the-art mic- level analog inputs to a Pro64 system. Each channel features continuous gain control, +48V phantom power, low cut filter, phase invert, mute, and a network activation button. With a switchable pad per channel, the 6416m also accepts balanced line-level inputs.
Audio settings for each channel can be configured from the front panel or controlled remotely using the optional RCI Remote Control Interface combined with the MCS Mic Control Surface. A single MCS can be used to control all 6416m Mic Input Modules in a Pro64 network or those assigned to a particular Control Group. Sixteen mic preamp presets can be saved in each 6416m. The 6416m mic preamp gain can also be remote controlled from a Yamaha console when a 6416Y2 card is installed by using m-control
On the rear panel, the 6416m features both XLR jacks and DB25 multipin connectors for inputs and passive splits. A-Net network connections use heavy-duty locking EtherCon® connectors.
Pro64 A-Net supports three ranges of variable sample rates: 44.1/48kHz±, 96kHz±, and 192kHz±. No matter the sample rate, all 16 input channels on the 6416m are available for use. All audio is streamed at 24-bit resolution with no data compression at any time.
The 6416m also includes I/O for Aviom's Virtual Data Cables™. The VDCs can be used for simultaneously distributing up to 14 channels of non-audio control data to any device on the Pro64 network. The 6416m provides VDC connectors for MIDI In, MIDI Out, RS232, and GPIO. The 6416m also features the security of a rear-panel four-pin XLR connector for optional backup DC power.
The Aviom 6416m Main Features Include:
- 16 state-of-the-art mic-level inputs (XLR)
- Passive splitter/alternate input (two DB25s)
- Continuously variable gain control per channel, in 1dB steps
- Phase, low cut filter, pad, and +48V phantom power per channel
- Virtual Data Cable™ (VDC) connectivity for GPIO, MIDI, and RS-232
- Variable sample rates: 44.1kHz± to 192kHz±
- Remote controllable over A-Net with the RCI Remote Control Interface and MCS Mic Control Surface combination or from select consoles, using m-control™ for Yamaha digital consoles