The Behringer X AIR XR18 Digital Mixer is a powerful 18 input portable/ 12 bus portable mixer housed in an extremely sturdy stage box design, that's controlled by iPad and Android tablets. Thanks to its 16 MIDAS-designed mic preamps, integrated Wi-Fi module for wireless control, plus USB connectivity for file storage, system updates and uncompressed stereo recordings via the USB Stereo Recorder, the XR16 is suited for both live and studio applications.
The X AIR XR18 lets you manipulate all parameters with your iOS device or PC. Using the free app, you can dial in the perfect sound from anywhere in the venue or control room. This is possible due to its integrated Wi-Fi module. You can connect up to 4 clients directly and concurrently via the Access Point mode. Wi-Fi Client allows you to add your mixer to the existing wireless network where the controlling apps and devices are connected. Alternately, wired connections can be made directly to your PC, to a local area network (LAN), or when connecting to a dedicated Wi-Fi router.
A front panel USB connector gives you the ability to record you live stereo tracks directly to the connected USB flash media or hard drives. This means you can dial in the best possible live mix with effects and zero latency, whilst sending a dedicated stereo mix to your thumb drive for recording, or play background music in a break.
With applications such as an onstage panel discussion, press conference or courtroom proceeding, it can be hard to maintain so many open mics and ensure maximum gain for the moderator. This issue has been resolved by the revolutionary X AIR Gain Sharing technology. This, allows you to easily manage fully automated mixes with several live microphones. It automatically controls the levels of the selected microphones in real time, without any unwanted artefacts or noise modulation. The Gain Sharing noticeably reduces the feedback, studio noise and comb filtering changes that can occur when two or more mics are in close proximity of each other.
The XR18 is equipped with very same effects engines as the X32 digital mixing console. The virtual effects racks provides access to four stereo, multi-effects processors including delay, dynamics an chorus. Furthermore, the XR18 can run stereo reverbs concurrently with 31-band EQ on the main and aux buses, all without the need for any additional hardware. All these effects are controlled via the X-AIR Android and iOS apps.
The XR18 has a 100-band real time analyzer with full bar and spectrograph views. This high resolution RTA displays the audio energy distribution in 100 frequency bands over time, capturing a sonogram window of a full 10 seconds. This 100-band real time analyzer is built into every input channel and bus EQ. You can view all the settings in the control app, allowing you to see and make surgical changes to frequencies in need of a boost or a cut. A low-cut, 4-band parametric EQ and the same Gate and Compressor dynamics suite found in the X32 are also found on every input channel. But now you can choose between expert or simple functionality. When in expert mode, you can get your hands on every tiny part of your dynamics. Simple mode is more suited for if you're the plug and play type, and lets you choose from one of four optimised presets, or load your own templates. A 40-bit, floating-point DSP has been added to the mix, meaning you'll experience virtually unlimited dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency.
The main input of control for the XR18 comes from the X AIR apps for your computer, iOS or Android device. X AIR edit is a free piece of software that's compatible with either Windows, Mac and Linux. Simply install the software and connect your computer with a Cat5 cable, and now all X AIR mixer functions are instantly mirrored on your computer screen. With the X AIR for iPad, you connect to the XR18 over Wi-FI, and when you are, all the settings can now be adjusted directly from your iPad. The app allows you to save your favourite scenes, and load previously stored scenes and presets r customize your channel layout, all using an innovative drag ’n’ drop system. The same goes for the X AIR app for Android.
The main features of the Behringer X AIR XR18 Digital Mixer include:
- iPad/Android tablet controlled 18-input digital mixer for studio and live application
- 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Integrated Wi-Fi module for direct control-no need for external routers
- Revolutionary Dugan Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing
- USB connector for file storage or uncompressed stereo WAV recording and playback
- Award-winning X32 effects rack featuring 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70, EMT250 and Quantec QRS etc.
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ's
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and onstage applications
- 6 Aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 6 XLR Aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features unlimited dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac/Linux apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or Wi-Fi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (incl. Mackie Control protocol)
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX “Plug Ins”, downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio and low power consumption
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany