The Behringer X32 Digital Mixer is a 32-channel digital mixer that can be used alongside your favourite digital audio workstation (DAW) as a controller. Bearing this in mind, the X32 can be used for live purposes, as well as for recording sessions, making it one of the most versatile digital mixers on the market.
The X32 features 32 MIDAS microphone preamp channels, a total of 40 inputs, 25 bus channels, 25 motorised 100mm faders and 16 XLR outputs. This is a lot more ins and outs than most other digital mixers on the market within this price range. The X32 has a super easy user interface with a high resolution 7” colour TFT display, as well as individual mini LCD displays per channel.
Native FX plug-ins are built into the X32 and can be accessed from the virtual FX rack which provides a choice of eight stereo multi-effects processors. The following parameters can be checked or edited for each channel on the X32, namely filters, volume, pan, level meter, 4-band EQ, send, return and FX. All mix automation that is done on the X32 can be recorded via the DAW programme that is being used in realtime via USB or Firewire.
Two AES50 ports provides for future expansion of up to six Behringer S16 stage boxes, minimising the need for too many cables which is characteristic of conventional snaking cable systems. The Behringer P16 personal monitoring system can also be connected via an AES50 port to provide simple monitoring management and setup. All recording sessions can be recorded directly to a USB stick on the provided USB recorder port on the top panel of the X32. Alternatively one can record directly to their DAW setup on their computer.
The X32 can be remotely controlled via iPad or iPhone with a free app, this will be a welcome addition to the regular stationary workflow of engineers, as they will have the freedom to move around a venue, but still have control of the X32 remotely. All in all the X32 is an extremely versatile digital mixer, and in terms of its price, is a complete steal for what it can do.
The Behringer X32 Digital Mixer features include:
- Total recall functionality
- 32 MIDAS microphone preamps
- 32-channel audio interface with USB 2.0 connection
- 40 inputs in total
- 25 busses in total
- 8 Stereo FX returns
- 6 Matrix mixers with inserts
- 6 Mute groups
- 8 DCA groups
- Full-recording / multi-channel networking via FW/USB expansion cards (These features are optional and not automatically included)
- 48-channel "digital snake" via ultra-low latency AES-50 ports*
- 25 x 100mm motorized faders
- Super easy user interface with direct access
- High-resolution 7" colour TFT display
- Individual LCD displays per channel, DCA and Bus
- Full dynamics and EQ per channel
- Virtual FX rack with 8 FX slots
- Powerful scene management
- On-board recorder for uncompressed WAV files on USB flash drive
- Remote editor software to control via USB or Ethernet
- Extensive channel strip controls with user-definable control sections
- Connection to BEHRINGER P-16 personal monitoring system
- AES/EBU stereo digital output and full MIDI implementation
- Super-compact and lightweight
- Designed by Behringer Germany