The Behringer X32 Rack is a rack version of the X32 digital mixer, providing many of the incredible features of the desk console equivalent, but in a 3U rack.
The Behringer X32 Rack combines the space-saving rack-design of the X32 Core with greater on-board connections and an LED display. The X32 Rack is equipped with 40 inputs, including 16 programmable MIDAS preamps, and eight XLR outputs. The Rack also offers 25 busses with the Virtual FX rack featuring eight true-stereo effects slots including simulations such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70.
The X32 Rack also offers a USB 2.0 audio interface for recording on a PC, Mac or external storage device, and the included Tracktion 4 audio production software for PC and Mac allows you to produce professional recordings with ease.
As well as USB connectivity, there is also an Ethernet connection for remote control from a PC or Mac, and an Ultranet port for connecting to the PowerPlay 16 personal monitor mixer. Additionally, the X32 Rack is compatible with iPad and iPhone, which can be used as remote controls.
Just like the X32 Core, the X32 Rack has connectivity for the Behringer Digital Snake via the onboard AES50 CAT5 sockets, which allow 48 remote inputs to be connected to the Rack – perfect as a stage box. The five-inch TFT display offers an intuitive view of workflow components and parameters with a straightforward menu system and controls.
The unit’s front panel also sports a dedicated headphone output with monitor level, and controls for talkback, channel and main output volume levels. The rear panel features MIDI I/O for remote scene recall and controlling other MIDI devices. The X32 Rack can be wirelessly controlled by an iPad or iPhone, making it ideal for roaming around the venue to get the sound right.
The main features of the Behringer X32 Rack include:
- Part of the X32 product range
- 40 inputs including 16 MIDAS preamps, five balanced jack inputs & AUX in
- 25 busses
- Virtual FX rack featuring eight true-stereo effects slots with effects simulations for Lexicon 480L & PCM70
- Eight XLR outputs, five balanced jack outputs, AUX out
- MIDI I/O
- Two AES50 CAT5 connections for use with Digital Snake
- Ethernet & Ultranet connections
- 32-channel audio interface with USB 2.0 connection
- XLR talkback mic input with gain level
- Balanced stereo monitor outputs
- Headphone output with level control
- Five-inch TFT display showing parameters and workflow components with button and knob controls
- Dedicated channel level and main output level controls
- Wireless iPad & iPhone control
- 3U rack design