The Benchmark Audio DAC1B is a two-channel, 24-bit,
192-kHz Digital-to-Analog audio converter; essential equipment for
mastering studios, high quality recording studios, high-end home
audio systems, or anywhere un-colored digital playback is
The Benchmark Audio DAC1B is perhaps one of the more significant
recent advances in digital audio conversion technology. It provides
some of the finest analog conversion through 192-kHz and all sample
rates playback with a 52-kHz analog bandwidth. The performance of
the DAC1B is unrivaled. THD+N is an astonishing low -106 dB
(0.0005%) measured at 0 dBFS, at any playback frequency, at any
sample rate, with any degree of input jitter, and it just gets
better from there.
Jitter free UltraLock technology is used in the Benchmark Audio
DAC1. On the test bench, or at the end of 1000' of cable, the
performance of the Benchmark Audio DAC1B remains the same.
Additional features include auto-processing of pre-emphasized
digital audio and our latest HPA-2 headphone amplifier technology.
This technology features distortion levels of 0.0003% under load.
The audio output levels may be controlled from the front panel by
the same gain control that feeds the headphone amplifier or it may
be preset to a precise level with multi-turn trims. The preset gain
range is +10 dBu to +29 dBu at 0 dBFS.
The Benchmark Audio DAC1B - Winner of a PAR Excellence Award at
the 2002 AES Convention, the Reviewers Pick Award from Pro Audio
Review, and nominated for a Mix Magazine TEC Award.
The Benchmark Audio DAC1B main features include:
- 2-channel, 24bit, 192-kHz D-to-A conversion
- All sample rates playback with a 55-kHz analog bandwidth
- THD+N = -106 dB (0.0005%) measured at -0 dBFS, any sample rate,
any test frequency, with any degree of input jitter!
- 116 dB signal-to-noise ratio @55 kHz, A weighted
- AES/EBU (XLR & Coax) and S/PDIF (XLR, Coax, & Toslink)
- Digital input source-selection switch
- Balanced, low-Z XLR outputs
- +29 dBu output level capability
- Unbalanced RCA outputs
- Variable or preset output level controls, switch
- Direct connection to powered monitors
- Built-in Benchmark HPA-2, a high-output, ultra-clean headphone
amplifier with dual outputs jacks
- Total jitter immunity via UltraLock technology!
- Phase Accurate D-to-A conversion across any number of
- 1 power, 2 error indicating LEDs
- Internal low-radiation toroidal power supply
- International 115-230 input voltage range
- Automatic De-emphasis for 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz when
Pre-emphasis bit is set
- The DAC1 has built-in international 115/230 volt power
- Milled aluminum front panel
- 1/2 wide, 1RU chassis
- Finish: Black