The Boss BC-1X Compression Bass Guitar Effects Pedal is a bass compression pedal, featuring buffered bypass, and controls including Switch, Threshold, Ratio, Release, and Level, with an 18V working voltage. Equipped with cutting-edge Boss technology, the BC-1X Bass Comp features pro-level multiband compression controlled by intelligent circuitry, making it simple to dial in natural sounds for any playing style. The advanced design responds to different dynamics and registers to apply the perfect amount of compression in real time, ensuring that your tone never gets over-squeezed or muddy. Transparent, powerful, and easy to use, the BC-1X is a must-have tool that delivers studio-quality punch and precision for dynamic players.
While there are many bass compressor pedals available, the BC-1X stands alone as a completely unique product. Unlike conventional units that compress the fundamental tone and muffle the sound, the advanced BOSS MDP tech in the BC-1X provides perfectly natural compression that never overwhelms the character of your instrument. Every nuance is captured and processed accurately, even with aggressive compressor settings. In every register your sound is true, allowing you to put your heart into playing without fussing with different settings for every song or style.
While normal compressors can be difficult to dial in just right, the BC-1X takes all the guesswork out of getting great sound. Hidden behind the pedal’s simple four-knob interface is a complex multiband processor with numerous interlocking parameters. As you turn the knobs, many parameters are adjusted at once, enabling a wide range of tone shaping with minimal effort. And thanks to the intelligent tech inside, you’ll always achieve perfect sounds at every setting, from subtle dynamic control to extreme compression for effect.
The BC-1X was designed with pro practicality in mind. The 18-volt input circuitry provides ample headroom without clipping, even with the hottest signals from active basses. A 12-segment gain reduction indicator clearly displays the amount of compression at all times, a high-end feature rarely seen in stompbox compressors. The pedal’s noise performance is extremely low in comparison with other compressors, another huge benefit brought by BOSS technology. And with the road-proven BOSS compact chassis, the BC-1X ensures bulletproof reliability for years of demanding pro use.
The main features of the Boss BC-1X Compression Bass Guitar Effects Pedal include:
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered
- Controls: Pedal switch; THRESHOLD knob; RATIO knob; RELEASE knob; LEVEL knob
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator); GAIN REDUCTION indicator
- Connectors: INPUT jack; OUTPUT jack; DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22); AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Working Voltage: 18V
- Current Draw: 90 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 3 hours
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Safety Leaflet, Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
- Dimensions: 73 x 129 x 59 mm
- Weight (including battery): 450 g