The Dynaudio BM5 MkIII Pair is a bundle containing two Dynaudio BM5 MkIII active studio monitors.
The smaller of the two 7” woofer designs in the new BM series, the Dynaudio BM5 mkIII is an active studio monitor that sports an extended excursion 7” woofer and a 1.1” soft dome tweeter, both with aluminium voice coils. The lightweight aluminium design allows the drivers to move with greater ease and therefore react more quickly to incoming signals. This means the transient response of the BM5 mkIII is phenomenally fast and provides accurate and detailed reproduction.
The BM5 mkIII has a maximum SPL of 118dB and a frequency response of 42Hz-24kHz, greater than a lot of the completion in this class. These beautifully balanced studio monitors also come with a pair of IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 stands, which decouple the speakers from your desk and minimise the energy lost through surface vibration, helping to project more sound forward to the listening spot.
The cabinet is made from 18mm MDF and has a rear-firing bass reflex port. The BM5 mkIII is powered by a 50 Watt LF and 50 Watt HF Class D amplifier (with a DSP crossover at 1900Hz) mounted in the back panel. There is also room correction EQ and level controls, as well as 60/80Hz high pass filters for marrying with a subwoofer.
The Dynaudio BM5 mkIII inputs on balanced XLR or 1/4” balanced TRS.
The Dynaudio BM5 mkIII main features include:
- Input level for 85 dB SPL @ 1m, @ 0 dB setting, unbalanced: 80 mVrms
- Max input level (@setting): 4.8 Vrms (-10dB) 1.5 Vrms (0dB) 1 Vrms (+4dB)
- Power consumption: Standby: 0.3 W Idle: 5.8 Max: 94 W
- Amplifier power: Tweeter: 50 Woofer: 50 W
- Max SPL 1m, normal room, short term IEC signal: 118 dB peak
- Frequency Response: (+/- 3dB): 42 Hz – 24 kHz
- Resonance Frequency: 45 Hz
- Bass Principle: Bass reflex
- Internal Cabinet Volume: 9.5 litres
- Weight: 7.7 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 186 x 320 x 296 mm
- Crossover: 2 way
- Crossover Frequencies: 1900 Hz
- Crossover Slope: 12 dB/oct
- Connection: XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced
- Recommended Placing: Desktop or stands
- Tweeter: D-281 - 28 mm soft dome, rear chamber, magnetic fluid, 4 mm aluminium front, pure aluminium wire voice coil
- Woofer: 180mm moulded aluminium frame/ one piece thermo formed MSP cone
- 75 mm voice coil with pure aluminium wire on aluminium former.
- Cabinet: Designed to be placed on a desk/stands.
- 18 mm MDF
- Crossover: Active, DSP based
- Amplifier: Input sensitivity selector
- HF, MF and LF trim selector
- High pass frequency selector
- Auto standby/On selector
- Optional remote volume control (Volume Box)
- High efficiency digital power amplifiers.
- Switch mode power supply with wide range input