The ESI Unik 05+ Active Studio Monitor delivers crystal clear audio via a 5” Kevlar low frequency driver offering producers and musicians a trustworthy accurate monitoring environment. The ‘uniK 05+’ also comes in a unique orange and black design and has a special ‘sleep mode’ function to help conserve power when the monitor is not being utilised.
The uniK 05+ studio monitor offers true full range quality with extended low end in a small case and an entirely new signal processing and amplifier unit with a perfect order low-z and low noise design. Mos-Fet Bi-amplification ensures a high slew-rate and fast setting, featuring true analog vintage sound processing with LC-like gyrator technology for a stressless and silky sound.
A completely new feature is the unique one knob sound character adjustment from smooth to bright, allowing you to change parameters for every room and preference. The additional high resolution High and Low switches add additional control. And of course the uniK 05+ studio monitor features a real precision gain attenuator, instead of a simple volume control.
The new design of the crossover ensures an excellent phase response and safe power limitation, driving the woofer and tweeter in phase for optimal step response. The tweeter features a newly upgraded magnetostatic design with extremely low moving mass for extended frequency and fast transient response and high sound resolution. The matching woofer consists of a kevlar composite cone with high stiffness ensuring better piston motion and excellent low-end sound reproduction.
Another new feature is the flexible rubber feet with discrete height adjustment. They are not only helpful to reduce unwanted vibrations, but also allow you to tilt the speaker towards the precise listening point - a great feature for typical near field applications.
The main features of the ESI Unik 05+ Active Studio Monitor include:
- Biamp 2-Way Powered Speaker System
- Active Studio Monitor Speaker
- HF Driver: extremely low mass magnetostatic tweeter Φ49 x 26 mm
- LF Driver: 5" kevlar curved cone (magnetic shielding type)
- Output Power: 80W (HF: 40W, LF: 40W), 110W AC consumption power
- Frequency Response: 49Hz - 25kHz
- Input Impedance: 27.2kOhm (balanced) / 13.6kOhm (unbalanced)
- Crossover Point: 3.2kHz
- SPL: 101dB, Peak 104dB
- Input Connectors: XLR / TRS 1/4" combo connector, balanced / unbalanced
- Gain Control: -14 .. 0dB .. +14
- Room Adjustments Control: Character: -6 .. 0dB .. +6; Low: -5 .. 0dB .. +5; High: -5 .. 0dB .. +5
- Rear Bass-Reflex ventilation, optimized for near field application
- Ground lift switch
- Standby function, can be turned on and off
- Indicator: multi colour LED on front panel, power on orange, standby red
- Feet: 4 pieces rubberized, adjustable height separately
- Working Voltage: AC100-240V 50/60Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 190 x 265 x 210mm
- Weight: 4.4 kg