The Focal SM9 Active Studio Monitor, Left is 2 monitoring speakers in only one and unique cabinet: a 3 way monitor and a 2 way monitor.
The Focal SM9 lets you switch between 2 and 3-way modes. In 3-way mode, you get the full-range sound of the 1" Beryllium inverted-dome tweeter with a frequency response of 1kHz-40kHz, working together with the 6.5" Focal "W" cone midrange and 8" Focal "W" cone low-frequency drivers.
Using 2-way mode the 8" driver is switched off. The SM9 will still have full range but without the deep low and the ultrasonic high frequencies. In this mode the frequency response shifts from 30Hz-40kHz to 90Hz-20kHz resulting in a somewhat tighter sound that is closer to consumer speakers.
The Focal SM9 features a closed design incorporating a passive radiator instead of a bass port, resulting in a tightly focused sound across the entire frequency spectrum.
Focal SM9 establishes itself as a reference thanks to the precision of the stereo image, its capacity to reproduce each of the micro details of the audio signal, as well as unconditional respect of the original dynamics.
Focal SM9 Active Studio Monitor, Left features:
- Frequency response: 3-way mode : 30Hz - 40kHz (+/- 3dB) / 40Hz - 20kHz (+/- 1dB) - 2-way mode (Focus) : 90Hz - 20kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Maximum SPL: 3-way mode: 116dB SPL (peak @ 1m) / 2-way mode (Focus) : 106dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Passive radiator: 11WPP52, 11” (27cm) Focal “W” composite sandwich cone piston, extra wide inverted surround radiator
- Subwoofer: 8W7571, 8” (20cm) Focal “W” composite sandwich cone driver
- Midrange: 6W0452, 6.5” (16.5cm) Focal “W” composite sandwich cone driver
- Tweeter: TB872, 1” pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
- Construction: 0.88”(22mm) and 1.2” (30mm) panels with internal braces
- Finish: Black natural veneering top and bottom panels, black body
- Dimensions: 12.8” x 19.6” x 15.6” (320mm x 490mm x 390mm)
- Net weight: 77lb (35kg)