The Focal SOLO 6 BE Pair Active Near Field Monitors. are completely transparent and doesn’t impart a colour to the sound.
The Focal SOLO 6 BE, part of the Focal SM6 Series, is an active, 2 way, professional nearfield speaker (2 built-in amplifiers - 150 + 100W RMS), comprised of a 6.5 inch (16.5cm) “W” cone sandwich composite driver, loaded by a large section laminar bass port and a Focal inverted dome pure Beryllium tweeter. The Solo6 Be active monitors are designed for near field monitoring and should be placed at a distance between 1 and 3 metres from the listener, pointing towards the listening position. They can be sitting on the console top or placed on appropriate stands. In any way it is recommended that the tweeter is at a height from the floor approximately equivalent to that of the listener’s ears. If required it can make sense to place the speakers upside down so that the previous rule is better fulfilled. The Focal Solo6Be could be used vertically or horizontally depending on the environment, preferably pointing towards the listener.
Focal Professional R&D labs have put all their knowledge and savy into action with the Solo6 Be, to combat any colouration or distortion that could appear throughout all areas of the speaker. Even the slightest colouration can hinder the integrity of the signal’s reproduction. It’s easy to understand how a self vibrating speaker enclosure can blur the original signal, and the same goes for the drivers, the integrated amplifier, the padding, the finish, etc, etc. Focal scrutinize each of these elements with the same care to achieve their goal of absolute transparency.
The main features of the Focal SOLO 6 BE include:
- Active, 2 way, professional nearfield speaker
- Perfect for use in music production, post-production or broadcast applications
- Frequency response: 40Hz-40kHz
- Maximum SPL: 113 dB SPL (peak@1m)
- Input - Type/impedance: Electronically balanced / 10 kOhms. Connector: XLR. Sensitivity: Adjustable, +4dBu ou -10dBV
- LF amplifier stage: 150W rms, BASH technology
- HF amplifier stage: 100W rms, class AB
- User controls: Input level switch, LF and HF contours (potentiometers), Power ON/OFF switch, mains voltage selector
- Indicator (LED's): Power on LED
- Power supply - Mains voltage, Connection 230V (1.6A fuse rating) or 115V (3.15A fuse rating), IEC inlet and detachable power cord
- Transducers: Woofer "W" composite sandwich cone, Focal 6W4370B 6.5 inch drive unit. High frequency Focal TB871 Beryllium inverted dome tweeter. Shielding Integral through cancellation magnets or by magnet design
- Cabinet Construction: 19mm MDF panels internally braced
- Finish: Real red veneer sides - Black on body
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 330 x 240 x 290mm (13 x 9.5 x 11.4 )
- Weight: 11kg (24.2lb)