The Focusrite ISA Two and Neumann U87, Nickel Limited Offer includes the two channel version of the classic ISA Mic Pre plus a legendary Neumann U87 Microphone.
The Focusrite ISA Two is a two channel transformer-based microphone preamplifier incorporating legendary British Focusrite ISA preamp technology.
Expanding on the renowned ISA (Input Signal Amplifier) Series , the ISA Two delivers the same premium quality microphone preamplification used on countless hit records during the last 40 years. The rack-mounted ISA Two is ideal for dual mono or stereo operation and features variable input impedance allowing you to get the very best results from any microphone.
The ISA Two delivers up to 80 dB of low-noise gain. Each channel has balanced insert points, variable high-pass filter and variable input impedance. Line, microphone and high impedance (DI) sources can be connected, allowing easy DAW integration.
Each channel's high-pass filter has a variable cut-off frequency of 16 to 420 Hz selected from the front panel and has an attenuation of 18 dB/Octave - the same design as used in the ISA110 module introduced during the 80's. The high pass filter, phase-invert, insert point and phantom power can all be switched in and out per channel using front panel controls.
Eight-segment LED arrays provide clear metering of both signals, and a calibration knob on the rear panel allows lining up of analogue signal levels to prevent clipping and optimize your signal path to any DAW or recording system.
The Neumann U 87 Ai, known for its warm, rich sound is probably the best known and most widely used Neumann studio microphone.
It is equipped with a large dual-diaphragm capsule with three directional patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8. These are selectable with a switch below the head-grille. A 10 dB attenuation switch is located on the rear. It enables the microphone to handle sound pressure levels up to 127 dB without distortion. Furthermore, the low frequency response can be reduced to compensate for proximity effect.
The U 87 Ai condenser microphone is a large diaphragm microphone with three polar patterns and a unique frequency and transient response characteristic. Users recognise the microphone immediately by its distinctive design. It is a good choice for most general purpose applications in studios, for broadcasting, film and television. The U 87 Ai is used as a main microphone for orchestra recordings, as a spot mic for single instruments, and extensively as a vocal microphone for all types of music and speech.
Focusrite ISA Two main features include:
- Transformer-based mic preamplifiers
- Variable input impedance
- Up to 80 dB of clean, low-noise gain
- Variable cut-off high-pass filter
- Eight-segment user-calibrated LED meter per channel
- Two front panel instrument inputs
- Dedicated per-channel insert point
- 1U 19" rack-mount format
The Neumann U 87 Ai Features:
- Variable large diaphragm microphone
- Pressure-gradient transducer with double membrane capsule
- The studio microphone classic
- Three directional characteristics: omni, cardioid, figure-8
- Switchable low frequency roll-off
- Switchable 10 dB pre-attenuation
- Ideal as main and as support microphone in the most differing recording situations
- Advanced Output Circuitry - Although the microphone features the original capsule, the U 87 Ai features improved output electronics that provide higher sensitivity and improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 20/28/22 mV/Pa*
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL CCIR 468-3: 26/23/25 dB*
- Equivalent SPL DIN/IEC 651: 15/12/14 dB-A*
- S/N ratio CCIR 468-3: 68/71/69 dB*
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 79/82/80 dB*
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 117 dB (cardioid)
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5% with preattenuation: 127 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 390 mV
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier cardioid DIN/IEC 651: 105 dB
- Supply voltage: 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption: 0.8 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight: 500 g
- Diameter: 56 mm
- Length: 200 mm