The Genelec 1238CF is a compact three-way DSP monitoring loudspeaker including drivers, multiple power amplifiers and digital signal processing (DSP) circuitry.
The Genelec 1238CF is compatible with proprietary Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) control software and can be combined with Genelec 8200/7200 Series products in the same control network.
The 1038CF is optimized for systems utilizing one or multiple subwoofers in medium sized control rooms and suited for music recording studios, film and video post-production and general broadcasting monitoring as well as for mastering suites.
The 1238CF is designed to perform well both as a free-standing monitor and flush mounted into the control room wall. When flush mounting the loudspeaker, the space behind the loudspeaker enclosure must be sufficiently ventilated in order to dissipate heat generated by the amplifier unit located at the back panel of the loudspeaker.
The Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) Technology developed by Genelec provides excellent stereo imaging and frequency balance even in difficult acoustic environments. Versatile crossover controls allow for precise matching of the loudspeaker system to different acoustic conditions.
The rugged amplifier unit is mounted into the enclosure with vibration isolators which also act as quick release hinges making maintenance operations very easy and straightforward. The loudspeaker cabinet is constructed of painted MDF, which is heavily braced to eliminate structural resonances.
Genelec 1238CF Tri-amplified DSP Monitor features:
- Input format Analog and Digital
- Input word length 16 -24 bits
- Digital Input AES/EBU (single/dual wire)
- Connector type XLR female input
- Input sampling rate 32 -192 kHz
- Control network Proprietary Genelec Loudspeaker Manager network (GLM)
- System calibration AutoCal, GLM manual, Stand-alone
- Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz =117 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material =124 dB SPL @ 2 m
- Drivers: Bass 2 x 8", Midrange 5" + DCW, Treble 1" metal dome + DCW
- Crossover frequencies 420 Hz, 2.8 kHz
- Free field frequency response 57 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2.0 dB)
- Amplifier power: Bass 150 W, Midrange 120 W, Treble 120 W
- Speaker dimensions: mm 610 x 470 x 257, inches 24" x 18 1/2" x 10 1/8"
- Speaker weight 42 kg (93 lb)