The New Old Sound M-One 2-Channel Microphone Preamp is a professional standard and versatile 2-channel microphone preamp and DI featuring FET discrete class-A amplification; sleek and hard-wearing, this innovative rack unit is ideal for a variety of pro-audio applications.
With a design based on cascade topology with home-brewed transformers on Input and Output, the M-One preamp has two cascades of amplification, first one is the main gain stage and the second one is the output booster. The Gain of Preamp controlled by the 12-step rotary switch reaches up to +70dB.
The DI High-Z instrument input automatically activates if PL plug inserted, at the same time the XLR microphone input on back panel is disconnected. Both HPF can be used when the preamp is used as DI. All necessary Microphone Preamp functions such us -20dB pad, phase invention, +48V Phantom supply for condenser Microphone are controlled from the front panel.
The most impressive feature of the M One preamp is undoubtedly the transformer. NOS carefully collected all available knowledge from old masters, classic books and their own mistakes. As a result their transformers are superior sounding, which you will notice immediately. NOS Microphone Input transformers utilize high grade 80% Ni-Fe alloy core with extremely low distortion.
The main features of the New Old Sound M-One 2-Channel Microphone Preamp include:
- All FET discrete, class-A mic preamplifier and DI
- State of the art X-former IN X-former OUT
- Tube-like sound
- Gain and Level selection for maximum tonal variety
- Twin-topology Mic Preamp & Hi-Z Instrument DI
- Dual Gain Stages
- Discrete JFET DI with 2.2 Mohm Ultra Hi-Z impedance
- 70db+ of gain, +48 Phantom, Pad(-20dB), Phase Invert
- Two passive High Pass filters, 40Hz and 80Hz
- LED pick indicator
- Rack-Mountable design for Studio, Desktop or Stage
- Front Panel Hi-Z Input (switched from Mic automatically via Jack Detect)
- Rear Panel XLR Mic Input and XLR Line Output
- Universal Internal Power Supply
- Heavy-Duty Metal Construction