RME M-16 DA is a 16-channel high-end DA converter, easy to operate yet having a comprehensive feature set.
The unit combines excellent analog circuit design with the latest converter chips and RME's superior SteadyClock, resulting in a state-of-the-art DA conversion.
The M-series converters have been conceived and optimised for professional studio, stage, and broadcast applications. Combinations of the M-16 DA and M-32 DA converters allow for setups with 16, 32, 48, or 64 channels, according to your individual application or budget. The unit's unique set of features includes three hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, MADI I/O and ADAT input up to 192 kHz, 6.3mm TRS and D-sub outputs, remote control via MIDI, and operation across a wide range of mains voltages, all packed into a 2U enclosure.
RME M-16 DA main features include:
- 16-channel DA converter, double balanced output, 118 dBA
- 19" enclosure with only 2 units height
- 1 x MADI I/O, 16 channels @ 192 kHz
- 4 x ADAT In, 16 Channels @ 96 kHz, 8 Channels @ 192 kHz
- Zero Delay MADI I/O: no delay compensation necessary when stacking units
- 16 LED level meters with 6 LEDs each
- SteadyClock(TM) - pristine sound quality independently from the quality of the external clock signal
- SyncCheck - unique technology to check clock synchronization
- Noise suppression on power-on and power-off at the analog outputs
- All settings are stored permanently
- Fully remote controllable via MIDI and MIDI over MADI
- Power consumption: 40 Watts
- Jitter: Typical < 1 ns for internal, Word Clock, ADAT and MADI input
- Jitter suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Jitter sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
- Power supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V - 240V AC
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 483 x 88 x 200 mm