The Two Notes Torpedo Studio Cab Simulator offers guitarists and producers a professional alternative to guitar amplifier tracking.
New features notably include a new loadbox with increased admissible power, a switchable impedance (4, 8, or 16 Ohms), and the possibility to choose between resistive and reactive loadbox. Its new, enhanced design makes it a more advanced, much lighter successor too.
Highly realistic speaker simulation is achieved by use of convolution. Two Notes started from that technology and brought it much further, to accurately reproduce the characteristics of the whole miking chain (speaker, microphone, preamplifier, studio room acoustic).
Many parameters influence the sound of your guitar or bass rig when it comes to recording. Taking good care of the cabinet selection and miking will dramatically improve the sound of your takes. The Torpedo simulation reproduces the tiniest variations of a cabinet behaviour such as frequency response and distortion (*). Move the microphone in the virtual studio room thanks to the Torpedo IR synthesis, control the phase with the Variphi: all the settings you need to achieve great recordings are here.
The best simulation is nothing without a perfectly designed analogue and digital circuit. Two Notes focuses on the whole signal chain, from your amp or preamp output to the PA, monitor, headphones or recorder to ensure the best performance.
In the studio, it can be very interesting to record a raw track that you can later reprocess (we call this “remiking”) at the mixing stage thanks to the Torpedo Studio. This allows you to concentrate on the music when recording, not on the sound
Of course, you can record both processed and unprocessed signals to your DAW at the same time.
The main features of the Two Notes Torpedo Studio Cab Simulator include:
- 50 Cabinet Simulations
- 8 Virtual Power Amplifiers
- 8 Virtual Mics
- FX Section
- USB and MIDI Connectivity
- Integrated 150 W RMS (200 W peak) loadbox with active heat control
- Resistive or reactive loadbox with choice of impedance 4, 8 or 16 Ohms
- Maximum input voltage: 280 V AC (51 dBu)
- Security load: 200 Ohms / 10 Watts
- Amplifier input: Jack 6.35 mm (1/4″) unbalanced (TS, Tip/Sleeve), to connect the speaker output of your tube or solid state amplifier
- Speaker Thru: Jack 6.35mm (1/4″) unbalanced (TS), to connect an optional cabinet instead of using the internal loadbox)
- Line inputs: 2 x Combo XLR – Jack 6.35 mm (1/4″) balanced (TRS)/unbalanced (TS)
- Line outputs: 2 x XLR balanced
- Headphones output: Jack 6.35 mm (1/4″) balanced (TRS) stereo
- Digital inputs: AES & S/PDIF 2 channels input
- Digital outputs: AES & S/PDIF 2 channels output