The Universal Audio Apollo 16 Audio Interface Black Edition is a world-class, professional standard 16-channel audio interface with QUAD core UAD jam packed with features; the ideal interface for pro audio creators.
The Apollo 16 is Universal Audio’s flagship 24-bit/192 kHz audio interface, delivering world-class conversion with 16 x 16 analogue I/O — twice the analogue connectivity of the original Apollo model. This uncompromising FireWire/Thunderbolt-ready interface combines superior sound and flexible routing with powerful onboard UAD-2 QUAD processing. So you can track audio in real time through the full range of classic UAD analogue emulation plug-ins — from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon and more — on both Mac and Windows 7.
The Apollo 16 brings a true “no compromise” approach to every aspect of its audio signal path. Building upon decades of UA hardware expertise, it features meticulous analogue circuit design, top-end converters, and DC-coupled outputs — providing the lowest THD and highest dynamic range of any converter in its class. Specifically, the Apollo 16’s deep, wide soundstage, and its exceptionally open and transparent sound, makes it the ideal centrepiece for professional recording studios.
With its standard UAD-2 QUAD processing onboard, Apollo 16 allows recording in real time through UAD Powered Plug-Ins — with as low as sub-2ms latency — so you can monitor, audition, and “print” audio through stunning analogue emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more. Better still, Apollo 16's Realtime UAD Processing is also available during mixing and mastering, so that music producers can employ UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64) throughout the creative process.
The Apollo 16 offers compatibility with Thunderbolt technology on Macs via a user-installable dual-port Thunderbolt Option Card (sold separately). Thunderbolt provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at high sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency. Because Thunderbolt offers many times the bandwidth of FireWire, it allows studios to connect numerous devices in series with the Apollo interface — including hard drives, processors, and additional computer monitors — all with fast, flawless performance.
The main features of the Universal Audio Apollo 16 Audio Interface Black Edition include:
- 16 x 16 analog I/O via DB-25 connectors — ideal for mixing consoles, outboard preamps, etc
- Realtime UAD-2 QUAD processing for low-latency (sub-2ms) tracking and mixing w/ UAD Powered Plug-Ins
- Thunderbolt Option Card for next-generation connectivity to compatible Macs (sold separately)
- Four stereo Cue mixes with fully assignable outputs
- Multi-unit cascading over MADI merges two Apollo 16 units for 32 x 32 analogue I/O
- PT Mode allows easy insertion of outboard analogue hardware in Pro Tools
- Virtual I/O feature for Realtime UAD Processing of virtual instruments and DAW tracks
- Includes dedicated XLR monitor outs and stereo AES-EBU digital I/O
- Includes “Analogue Classics” plug-ins, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A EQ
- Full recall of interface settings in DAW sessions via Console Recall plug-in (VST/RTAS/AU)
- Full compatibility with UAD-2 DSP Accelerator systems