The Yamaha HS-5 is a new addition to Yamaha’s HS series of active monitors, influenced by the critically acclaimed and highly sought-after NS-10 studio monitor speakers.
The Yamaha HS5 Active Studio Monitor features bi-amped full range 2-way speakers rated at 45W and 25W and has been developed by Yamaha to offer an exceptionally flat and accurate frequency response for use in music production and composition as well as home project studios. The HS range of monitors’ design has been informed by the tradition of the legendary NS10M monitors.
Yamaha HS5 speakers feature a low-resonance bass reflex enclosure which improves the rigidity of the overall speaker, and less cabinet resonance means that the signal remains clear and uncoloured. This is very important in getting an accurate mix which translates across all systems.
Port noise has also been audibly reduced by up to 6dB using the new Yamaha proprietary technology across the whole HS range of studio monitors, which also helps to deliver a clean and precise signal. The HS-5 is equipped with XLR and TRS jack connectors as well as Room Control and Hi Trim response controls.
The main features of the Yamaha HS5 Active Studio Monitor include:
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified studio reference monitor
- 5 inch cone woofer and 1 inch dome high-frequency unit
- 70 watts dynamic bi-amplified power (LF:45W, HF:25W)
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
- Level control facilitates precise overall system level matching
- ROOM CONTROL, and HIGH TRIM response control switches
- Full magnetic shielding
- 2 kHz Crossover Frequency
- 54Hz - 30kHz (-10 dB) Overall Frequency Response
- 45W power consumption