The Yamaha HS8 is the new flagship model of Yamaha’s HS series of active studio monitors, taking its cues from the ever-popular and much-demanded NS-10.
The Yamaha HS8 Active Studio Monitor features bi-amped full range 2 way speakers rated at 75W and 45W and has been developed by Yamaha to offer an exceptionally flat and accurate frequency response for use in music production and composition as well as the home project studio. The HS range of monitors has been designed in the same tradition of the legendary NS10M monitors.
Yamaha HS8 speakers feature a Low Resonance bass reflex enclosure which improves the rigidity of the overall speaker, and less cabinet resonance means that the signal remains clear and uncoloured. This is very important in getting an accurate mix which translates across all systems.
Port noise has also been audibly reduced by up to 6dB using the new Yamaha proprietary technology right across the HS range, which also helps to deliver a clean and precise signal. The HS8 is equipped with XLR and TRS jack connectors as well as Room Control and Hi Trim response controls.
The main features of the Yamaha HS8 Active Studio Monitor include:
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified studio reference monitor
- 8 inch cone woofer and 1 inch dome high-frequency unit
- 120 watts dynamic bi-amplified power (LF:75W, HF:45W)
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
- Level control facilitates precise overall system level matching
- ROOM CONTROL, and HIGH TRIM response control switches
- Full magnetic shielding
- Crossover Frequency: 2 kHz
- Overall Frequency Response: 38Hz - 30kHz (-10 dB)
- 60W power consumption