The Yamaha TF-Rack Digital Mixer is a digital mixer featuring 40 inputs, 20 auxiliary buses, 16 XLR/TRS mic/line inputs, and a 20Hz-20kHz frequency response. The TF-Rack Digital Mixer offers TouchFlow Operation that allows the user to respond to the music and artists on stage with unprecedented speed and freedom, taking live sound reinforcement to a new level of refinement. The TouchFlow Operation interface is optimised for touch panel control and experienced engineers as well as beginners.
Recallable D-PRE preamplifiers support sound quality that will satisfy the most discerning professional ears, whilst advanced live recording features and seamless operation with high-performance input/output racks. The scene memory features banks A and B, each capable of holding up to 100 scenes. A number of scenes are pre-programmed to give users a head start. The banks are great for organising different types of scenes.
The 1-knob COMP is designed to bring a guitar to life, add punch to bass, tighten up a snare, and make vocals ride clearly on the mix quickly and easily. The 1-knob EQ provides notably improved speed and smooth operation. A Vocal Mode makes it easier than ever to achieve a clear, well defined vocal sound, whilst an Intensity Mode offers 1-knob “intensity” control over EQ curves. The output 1-knob EQ has a Loudness Mode in place of the Vocal Mode, effectively increasing the sound pressure level whilst maintaining optimum sound as you rotate the knob.
The Yamaha R&D team contains optimised QuickPro Presets for a wide variety of microphones and output equipment. For input channels, more than 100 presets are included that range from vocals to drum sets. All the presets are precisely tuned by using a wide range of actual microphones and instruments. The TF consoles feature acclaimed D-PRE microphone preamplifiers that deliver outstanding quality, and are recallable as well. In addition to channel processors, TF consoles feature eight powerful processing/effect units containing the same type of SPX processors that are standards in recording and live sound applications offering 19 programs ranging from reverb and delay, through modulation effects such as flanger and chorus, to multiband compression.
The TF StageMix interface is designed for similar operation and flow to the console display, making it easier than ever to refine the mix from any location. The MonitorMix application for the TF Series allows individual wireless AUX mixing from up to 10 iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices simultaneously. Refined for the smoothest possible operation via touch-panel control, the TF user interface offers a smooth workflow that can be an advantage in any mixing situation.
The main features of the Yamaha TF-Rack Digital Mixer include:
- Mix Channels: Up to 40
- Mic Inputs: 16 Analogue
- Outputs: 16 Analogue
- 34x34 Record / Playback via Internal USB Interface
- Digital Gain, Dynamics, & 4-Band PEQ Per Channel
- Internal Signal Processing with Minimum 32-bit/48kHz
- Up to 25 Mix Busses (8xAux, 6xStereo, 2xEffect Busses, Stereo Main, Mono Sub Bus)
- EQ, Compressor, 31 Band GEQ or 2-Band PEQ with LPF in all Aux Ways
- DSP Engine with 8x Multi-Effects (2x Aux, 6x Insert)
- Static Internal Automation
- Scene Storage with 2x 100 Memory Slots, Up/Download by USB Stick
- Individually Isolate Parameters Static Automation via Recall Safe Function
- Channel Library with Presets From Microphone Brands Including Shure, Sennheiser & Audio-Technica
- 8x DCA's, 1x Mute Group for Inputs, 1x Mute Group for Effects
- Input Channels can be Individually Mute Safe
- 6x Freely Configurable Keys, 4x Freely Configurable Knobs & 1x Touch & Turn Knob
- 7", TFT WVGA 800x480 Pixel Multi-Touch Screen
- Editor Software for PC or Mac (Online/Offline Editing)
- StageMix Editor Software for iOS Devices